Thursday, June 08, 2006

Preparing for Battle

So this morning in my own personal time with God I was reading 2 Timothy and God jsut totally answered my prayer! Sence I have been back at work I have been feeling like all the work God did in me last year, has some how went away, I mean I know it never really, but when I went home I crawled back into my shell and never came out, and now I am here, and it is like I lost my vocie, everytime I go to pray fear consumes me to speak out loud, and it was really frusterating me! So when I was reading this morning I read this 2Tim 1: 6-10 "For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands. For God did not give you the spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power of love of self-discipline. So do not be ashamed to testify about our LORD, or ashamed of me his prisoner. But join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God, who has saved us and called us to a holy life---not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time, but it has now been revealed through the apperearing of our saviour, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel. " This was so special to me, cause I realised that God has not given me that fear, and I KNOW one of the things that was broken off of me in TEC was that spirit of fear, and to realise that God has given me the spirit of power, and love, and self control and I should not be afraid to use my voice to bring glory to God's kingdom!

Then, not even an hour latter we started our day off by doing group devotion, and Reed (our teacher) brings us 1 John 2: 1-17 and we all had to share something that stood out to us, and his like totaly ligned up with what I read and gave me things I needed to deal with. Here is bits of what it said! 1John2:13;14 "I wright to you young men, because you have overcome the evil one" "I wright you, young men, because you are strong and the word of God lives in you, and you have overcome the evil one." we have over come the evil one! We are worries! We are out on the battle feild! But before we can overcome the evil one in the bigger picture or in spiritual relam, we first need to overcome the evil one in our own hearts!!!!! Then we can take ground in the spirtual relam! But we also need to remember always: that We can not do anything on our own, we NEED God; God is the one doing the work in us and trough us! So who am I to lose my voice! Who am I to doubt or question what the God Lord is doing through me! Greater is he that is me, then he who is in the world!

My Prayer: That God would clence me, that he would give me clean hands and pure heart, and that he would do this in the whole team we are working in this summer! and that He would give Me and us that spirit of boldness and power and Love and self deciple more then ever before! God make us more aware of how awsome you are! Keep preparing us for the battle feild. May we NEVER lose sight of our first love, may we never lose sight of the fact the you, God, are doing the work!!!! NOT US! Anyway, I think that is enough for now! Take Care and Be Blessed, Peace Out, Susan!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

C'mon!!! That is awesome.I love hearing about what God is doing in other peoples lives.

I have always loved this verse I hope it speaks to you as it has spoken to me. 1 Peter 4:7-8

"The end of all things is near. Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled so that you can pray. Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins."

Many Blessings to you Susan. Awesome hear what God is doing!

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home