Friday, June 09, 2006

Am I an Elijah?

So all this week I have been readinbg about Elijah, and as I read I got more and more stirred from what I was reading! WORDS HAVE SOOOOOO MUCH POWER!!!! The words God gives Elijah to speak have so much power!!!!! They have so much power that as soon as Elijah says "As the LORD the God of Israel, lives, whom I serve, there will be neither dew nor rain in the next few years except at my word." And that happened! THREE years they went with no rain, how powerful is that!! That because God gave those words for Elijah to speak and he was obbediant! Another example of this same thing is when Elijah was crying out to God to bring life back into the widows son, three times he laid on the boy and cryed out to God and life was restored to the boy. So words have power people!

Second: is kinda two things in one! In the first few chapters I lernt that Elijah was very obediant. There did not seem to be any questioning or doubting, He just did exsactly what God wanted Him to do! And then in the Next chapter I read how Elijah was afraid for his Life and he runs! And when I read this I laughed cause all my life when things got tuff I would either run or want to run, and if I wanted to run but didn't there was a lot of resistance! So I just wanted to stop running and become more like what Elijah was like in the first few chapters. so obediant that if God asks me to do something I will just do it without questoning or doubting! Just do it!

Finally: When the rest of the people were praying over me, Reed had this picture of me and God was giving me words to speak and I was bighting my tounge and holding back! And so as soon as I herd it I laughed!!! Because over the past year God has given me words and even sence I have gotten words to speak and I have just kept my mouth shut, or if I do speak them there is a lot of coaxing. So yah then they prayed that God would give me the boldness and that I would not be afraid and I would speak them out!!!!

Anyway I have to get back to work, also known as working on crafts! :P Take Care and God Bless, Susan!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home