Friday, June 30, 2006

Week at Kens--> Part one: Power tools!
We just got back from a week at Ken's place out at his resort in St Martins! If anyone wants to check it out the website is www.inthestilness.ca ! It was a great week, and we got to do alot of service projects for them! While the guys on the team help shingle a roof, dig a trench, and help cut paths, the girls got to work mostly inside and got to use POWER TOOLS! :D:D:D I loved it! I learned to use a nail gun, which I enjoyed alot better once I didn't have to stand on a stool to use! And I got to use the saw, the table say more specificly, which I LOVED!!!!! We had an amazing teacher who had lots of patiance, and if she left us alone things seemed to go down hill! :P but in all honesty it was fun! I learnt that every girl can have there moment! I learnt that using tools gives you a sence of power, and I learnt that it is always good for girls to have there own set of tools around, for those, just incase momenets! More then that though, once you get past the power rush, and remember the real reason your there, to lend a helping hand, and serve others, you learn humility and have such a sence of God's blessing and glory being poured out! It was awsome! Thanks God! Thanks Ken and Fay, May God bless you in everything you do!

We did have fun to though! Thanks to fay they girls went to grifend pond and with fays encouragement rachel and I went swimming, it was so much fun and so random! Thanks Fay for all your encouragement and for what a blessing you have been, and everything you taught us, and I don't just mean how to use the tools!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home