Monday, September 25, 2006

First Aid Part 2!

Today was a good day. Long but good. I learnt so much, that I don’t know if I will remember it all, but I am sure if I ever do have to use it, I will recall it…though pray that I never have to use it. Today we did a review of CPR and then we started talking about head and neck injuries, we got the opportunity to learn hands on how to hold the neck, head, and shoulders, how to put the neck collar on, and how to put them on the back bored, as well as how to properly strap them in place. We learnt how to treat abrasions, lacerations, and a couple of other things like that. We learnt how to wrap and dress a wound, as well as putting on a sling. We learnt how to treat 1st, 2nd, and 3rd degree burns. We learnt what to do if someone drove something into them and it is still in them. We learnt how to deal with poisons, and my favorite part…how to deliver a baby in an emergency situation. Oh and we learnt how to deal with people who have diabetes, as well as epilepsy, and also people with heat stroke and hypothermia. So there was a lot packed in today. At the end of the day we had a test, and I got 90% I couldn’t believe it. I was so happy and proud, but not the bad kind of proud the good kind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home