Thursday, October 26, 2006

Refiners Fire!

Oh how have I learnt to be careful of what I pray for! Over the past week, I have been in a place of deep deep reflection. It has been a very thoughtful week. A week where God has been teaching me to be still. To be silent before him, so he can work in me! So it has been my prayer the past week that God would search my heart, and bring up those things that are hid so deep that I have been avoiding dealing with them, and I have been in denial about for years now. And as hard as that was I knew God was calling me to just sit and be, rather then keeping myself going, and trying to do things for other! Do not get me wrong, being a servant is good, however I guess I realized one of the reasons I would rather keep my self busy serving others is so I won’t have time to be still. (I really hope this make sense for people) Anyway, I started feeling like God was standing there with the keys to “the closet” waiting for me to say, Ok God, I need to clean this willing and the time is now! And as soon as I did he immediately brought things up! As a result, I have been dealing with some pretty deep things, and being brought through a process of deep deep healing! And as scary as it is to be reliving these things, I know God has not left me. So pray as God is bringing me through the refiners fire, as he slowly chisels away the hard parts of my heart, that I would continue to be obedient and willing to let him work in me, and be open to Him working through others to help make me aware of some of the things I need to deal with!

2 Comments:

Blogger Hilary Ladd said...

Don't you just hate it when God answers prayer quickly? :P Heh. Lord, would you please soften Susan's heart to Your words and hold her hand tightly as You lead her through these dark memories. Give her freedom and peace! Yar.

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FREEEEEEEEEDOMMMMMMMM!!!!!

BREAK THE CHAINS, O LORD,

Freedom from distraction, freedom from burden, freedom from disunity, freedom from oppression, freedom from discouragement, freedom from dishonesty.

May your kingdom come, your will be done. More of you God. More of you.

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home