Sunday, January 14, 2007

My Chrsitmas!

Hey all you bloggers, sorry I have not updated my blog in a long time, I will try to better at keeping it updated this term . I have decided to blog about my Christmas Brake, becuase I know I was concerned about it, and alot of people had been praying for me, so it is only right that I let you all know how it went.

FIRST I have to say, THANK YOU SO MUCH For Praying, becuase Prayer is amazing and awsome and works. I was really concerned about drinking while I was home, I don't have a problem with having the occasional drink, nor do I have a problem if other Christians drink, I mean the bible tells us not to get DRUNK, anyway, it has something I have struggeled with for a long time. Thats becasue there were many many times when I would go to have a drink, and not stoped at one, not that I would get drunk, but it was still just a little two much, and it seemed that when I was around my family it was harder. This term I realized that one of my biggist fears is that I can't stop after one drink, and that one day may fall into the same trap as some of my exstended family. It was hard for me to face it, I knew It would most likely never happen, but it was a fear none the less. Every time I would have a drink with my family, or the times I would really want to have a drink, I had to ask my self why I was doing it. So with this revelation of how I was thinking and feeling, I KNEW I could not drink when I went home, for my own health. So I got prayer, alot of prayer, and I prayed alot. When I got home I noticed that the amount my family was drinking seemed to have decressed, which was such a joy, AND my family seemed more supportive of me not drinking which was so great, and they bought me juice to drink while the rest of my family were having other beverages. So during my intire time home i had one drink, that was when we were all out at a resturant for supper.

The other thing that happened during Christmas is there was healing, but not with who I would have thought. there was healing between me and my mom. I can't really explain it, but it was awsome, cause there was a deeper understanding between us, I always felt she never understood me or she didn't believe me, but I found out she did understand me, and i finally started to see her side of things. I realised that I was not the only one hurt.

If I had to sit here and wright everything that happened over my Christmas brake the blog would be way to long to read, so I will end it now. Once again thanks for your prayers, they really made a differance.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

You know what, I totally get you and this struggle you have been having with alcohol and being home with family who want you to drink because I have this struggle too!

Going into an atmosphere where people are drinking and you are struggling not to is super hard. It makes it more hard though when it is family for some reason.

So I just want to say am proud of you for standing up and not drinking! Also this is amazing growth in you...And you know what this year I have notice how much work God is doing in your life and how much work you are letting him and it just baffles me.

Way to go....

8:45 AM  
Blogger gray said...

I'm proud of you too, Susan. I know that wasn't easy for you.

Praise the Lord for all the ways that He's growing you!

Love Love Love

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home