Monday, November 20, 2006

Uptown

Uptown tonight was really good. I think in a way uptown is getting more and more intense every time I go! Part of me feels like when I hear Reed preach that I am back in spiritual formation because it is like I am getting the same message twice! Reed is doing a series on transforming the heart, and well, in spiritual formation we are looking at transforming the heart! So yah, but anyway, every time I go, I get ministered to so much, and I love to be there because everyone is so real! Tonight we read from 2 Corinthians 3, and we talked about how Moses wore a vale to prevent people from seeing that the glory of the LORD was fading, but people thought Moses wore the vale because of how bright the glory of the Lord was on him. And we talked about how we were masks or vales that kinda fool other people, and if we keep that mask on for long enough we even begin to believe it. So I began to wonder, what are my masks? I know I have them! Lord, I pray that you would reveal those masks to me; I pray that you would help me to be real with people, and I pray that you would help me take off those masks; Show me who I am in you, and help me to lay those masks at the cross and leave them there so you can form and shape me into the woman of God you created me to be!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home