Monday, November 20, 2006

Self image/ self view!

Lately, I have been becoming more and more aware of something! That is just how much I look down upon myself, or how hard I am on myself! I mean, I make mistakes, everyone does, but I really really beat myself up over it, and I really shouldn’t! I should not let my mistakes control me, I should not forget about them either, simply learn from them! I have talked down and looked down on my self for so long, that it has been difficult to change! Yet I KNOW I need to! I feel like it is really hindering me, because I often get this mind set that I can’t do things, or that I am not good enough! I constantly seek others approval, when really the only approval I need to be seeking is God’s! Or I have this really distorted view which comes from the world, on hoe I need to look! And this has been going on for so long that it is really difficult for me to see the good things, I realized that when I could not list one single skill that I have, sad but true! So LORD, I pray that you would show me who I am in you, and help me to receive that and accept that and hang on to it when I go through the rocky times of uncertainty about who I am! I pray that you would help me to take every negative thought captive to you and that I would be able to take it to your cross and leave it there, but also to pick up the truth, your truth and cling onto it! Show me who I really am!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes Lord!

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home