Friday, December 01, 2006

His Mercy’s are new every morning.


This has been really really real and true to me this week. This has been a week of really knowing and feeling God’s love in a new and deeper way. Tuesday night was a hard night for me. I was extremely over tired and had come off of caffeine high, and so when I crashed I crashed hard. I have not broke down like that for a while, however, with that being said, that night, in the midst of my brokenness, and not giving up, but putting worship music on and letting the words just wash over me. And as I let the words of the music wash over me, All I could feel was love, though there was no other person in the room, I felt consumed by love, and like I was being held. It was an amazing feeling that I don’t think I can fully explain. Then latter that night God gave me a picture, as one of my roommates where praying with me, and the picture was of this hand holding a needle and thread, and mending the pieces of my broken heart together. It was amazing and gave me such hope, and it caused my heart to stop hurting physically. Then the next morning I woke feeling fresh, and so filled with deep deep peace, and love. As I was on my way to placement there was a talk on 96.1 (the Christian radio station) and I only caught the end of it but it was saying this…if you’re lonely you need friends, if you are cold you need a coat, if you are hungry you need food, but if you are broken you need God! This is SO true. It reminded me that in our brokenness God will never leave us, and He is the only one that can heal us, and make us whole again! As well as for all of yesterday, especially in the afternoon and most of the evening, I was filled with His Joy! My jaws hurt from smiling so much, and I could not stop laughing! Even today, I am still giggly, it is at little stupid things, but giggly none the less! In all of this, it just reminds me of how gracious our God really is, and how He is so merciful to us! Be encouraged because tomorrow is a new day, and He is waiting for you, with his arms of unconditional love waiting for you! Waiting to pour out His love, grace and mercy over you!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

God's mercy astounds me !!

7:58 PM  
Blogger Ash said...

Hi...I just came across your blog tonight and I have to tell that it is exactly what I needed to read.

I have recenly been suffering with depression, hopelessness, and lonliness.

What you wrote encouraged me...to keep looking up toward heaven.

Thanks

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home