Monday, November 27, 2006

Roles:

I have always loved acting, it is the one thing I never seemed to get really shy about, and yes for those of you who don't know I was very very shy! The reason I loved acting, is because I was no longer me, I could step into my charecter and play the role of my charecter. I rather enjpyed it, becasue what ever my charecter said, or did, I did not have to feel bad or guilty about, because it was not the real me! what brought on wrighting a blog about this you might ask, well, Last night at uptown we were reminded of how sometimes, whith or without knowing it, we play roles, weather that be the role of the victom, or youngest child, or the clown, the onw who is serious, the black sheep...things like that! Am I playing a role? I think it is pretty safe to say, yes...I am playing a role, at least sometimes. When I was younger, especially in high school, I tried so hard to "fit in" that I would transform into what people wanted me to be, to a certin extent, but this caried on for so long, that I got to a point where I don't really think I knew the "real" me! As most, if not all of you know, I am in my final year of college, and this is the first year I have felt like I have being real, it is the first year I have felt like I know who I am, and can express that to others. however, I am not perfect, and though I try hard not to step into roles I still do! So I am sorry for not being "real!" God, pray that you would continue to show me what those roles are that I step into, then help me to brake those roles, so I can walk as the woman of God you created me to be!

2 Comments:

Blogger gray said...

I praise God for who you are! I'm so blessed by your real-ness.

Thanks for the prayer today!

4:55 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Yup, I like the "real" you too! No acting...you have grown so much over the last few years and the more you grow the more you become the women of God, you are intended to be...

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home