Saturday, December 09, 2006

True love, True family!

Tonight, I experienced something really special, though for the first few minutes it happened, I may not have said it was special, it really was. Tonight, I almost took a fall, not a literal one, but a spiritual one. Ever herd the saying Old habits die hard? Well that is defiantly true in my case. Tonight, just before I was about to fall back into one of my old ways, my roommates confronted me about it. At first I did not want to hear what they were saying, I wanted to believe I could do this without being affected. But as I sat and listed I really began to understand what they were saying, and I cried so hard and for a really long time. I couldn’t believe how close I had come to doing the one thing I have tried so hard to stay away from. I could not believe that these girls would love and care for me so much that they would do something my biological family would not do, they would protect me by holding me accountable, and they would do it in a loving way! And then they prayed with me! Through this, I just felt so loved. I felt more and more like this is my family, not my parents back in Newfoundland. Through this some of my deepest fears came out. Through this I was reminded of why I was trying to stay away from it in the beginning. But most of all, through all of this I just felt loved, not just an “oh I will love you cause I have to love” but true genuine caring love. The kind of love you see when you see Jesus loving through others. And, it was the type of love that one may see in a family. So I just want to thank God for these girls, who love me for who I am, the way Jesus would. And who love me enough that they do not want to watch me fall. So thanks! True love, True family!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

oh families that God brings to you or you to them...those are amazing!! And people that love you so much that they keep you accountable. I never knew how important that was until I gained a God-mother (well I have 2 but I am thinking of one in particular). Sometimes I hate hearing what she has to say but in the end I know she is thinking and telling me things that are in my best interest..

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmhmmm. God's love is so good- especially when it's seen through his Children. so encouraging.

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home