Wednesday, January 24, 2007

What is Worship?


Worship is not just music. While music is a style or part of worship, it is not the only part. Worship is a lifestyle. If wporship was just music then those who were not musical could not worship. I went to a conference this weekend, and that’s one of the things that were spoken on. And then, over the next couple of days, we experienced many different forms of worship. A lot of was done in silence, or at least it felt that way! ON the first night we were divided up into three groups, one would read Psalms one would offer God thanksgiving, and I think the other one was surrender, (maybe really don’t remember) and then we would switch so we got to do all three. And when it came time to have communion we were asked to reflect on it and only take it when we were ready. We were shown a way to really reflect on scripture, well one way anyway because there are different ways. Um, we also had a creative session, where you could create something, out of different things, you could mould things from play-doe, you could paint, people could play music if they wanted, or you could Wright, so all different things to do. We also had a talk about community, kind of like finding God through others (sorry gray I remember the talk but not the name of the session) and then the last was worship with or through music. By the end of the weekend I did appreciate it all, I really missed the music, but knew it was good for me. I did have a difficult time with it, but it was because as God was speaking to me, I felt convicted of different things, which while it is good, because it is then that God and I can change things, it was also crappy while I was going through it. With all that being said I still feel my favorite way to worship is with music!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

I never fully understood the phrase "worship as a life style" until this past weekend. This was a very intense weekend for me and I loved every minute of it.

It is amazing what happens when we just sit and listen for the still small voice and when we have heard it do what it says...

I think for me my favorite way to worship is sitting and soaking...

6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home