Saturday, February 10, 2007

Where you go I will go/ No Sacrifice

These are the names of two songs that have really became my prayers for the past while. they speak to the path I have been walking for a while!

No Sacrifice Lyrics:
To you I give my life, not just the parts I want to
To you I sacrifice these dreams that I hold on to

Your thoughts are higher than mine
Your words are deeper than mine
Your love is stronger than mine
This is no sacrifice
Here's my life

To you I give the gifts
Your love has given me
How can I hoard the treasures that you've designed for free?

Because
Your thoughts are higher than mine
Your words are deeper than mine
Your love is staronger than mine
This is no sacrifice
Here's my life

To you I give my future
As long as it may last
To you I give my present
To you I give my past

Because
Your thoughts are higher than mine
Your words are deeper than mine
Your love is stronger than mine
Your thoughts are higher than mine
Your words are deeper than mine
Your love is stronger than mine
This is no sacrifice
Here's my life

Where you go, I will go Lyrics:
where you go i go, what you say i say, what you pray i pray, what you pray i pray

Jesus only did what he say you do, he would only say what he heard you speak, he would only move when he felt you lead, following your spirit

how could i exepct to walk without you, when every move that Jesus made was in surrender, i will not begin to live without you, for you alone are worthy and you are always good.

though the world sees and soon forgets, we will not forget who you are and what you've done for us".


Why has these songs ment so much to me? well, they just speak so much into the "season" I am walking in right now! In a little over two months I will graduate from Taylor College, and please God also be commisioned with Church Army. And so, for the past while, more speciffically this intire month, I have really been strugeling to lay down my plans, for God's plans. I know God's plan's are so much better then mine, it is just difficult because I care so much about where I am at now. A few weeks back I attended a Deliverance service, and one of the songs played was No Sacrifice. As soon as the song was being played I began to weep, and there was NO way I could sing that song that night. When I finally managed to get words to come out of my mouth, it was no more than a wisper, and that night, the song No Sacrifice became a prayer that came from Deep Within, instead of just one of those songs I really liked hearing.

As for the song Where You Go I'll Go, well, that is what I ultimatly want, to go were God wants me to Go, to speak what he is asking me to speak, and to pray what he has asked me to pray! And well, once one surrenders their dreams and future , and even their past and present, it is ALOT easier to say Yes and Amen to everything God has for me. Once I trust him compleatly, it will be easier to have the boldness needed to speak what God has asked me to!

Father God, I pray that you would continually help me surender my plans and hopes and dreams, and help me to leave them with you, and trust You in the plans You have for me. I pray that I would trust You so much, I would be able to step out, and do what you have called me to do, I pray I would not be held back by eartly comfort, but would alow God to be my comfort, my rock, my fortress, my sheild, my joy and strength. I am once again laying down my life, my agenda, take my life and let it be, concecrated Lord for Three! In Jesus Name, Amen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home