Sunday, February 11, 2007

Driving school Part 3

AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Ok now that is out, let me write! While my class room hours are done and over with, I now have ten hours of actual driving! Today was my first lesson! I got my roomate to pray for me before I went out cause I felt really overwellmed! I got in the car with my instructor and we almost immedatly set up four more lessons and so things are moving quickly...to qwickly for comfort. He did a demonstration drive pointing out some things I should be aware of, as well as talking me through left and right hand turns. then we went to Mcallister mall parking lot where we did a circle check went over some basics like ajusting my seat and what not, and then how to ajust the meriors. He then got in the car and got me to turn the key but not turn on the car, we went over the lights that lit up on the dash bored. there was 4 and I knew 1 maybe 2 of them...It kind of frusterated me! I like the car I am driving in because it has alot of extra cool features. Then, it was time for me to drive. Man it was crazy! I can't believe it! I felt numb...Once we got on the road I actually said I can't believe I am actually driving, to which he said yes you are but you are about to hit the car, and then I jsut could not get the hang of how much to turn the wheel, cause a few times I went over the line and he had to take the wheel and guide me back! I did the lane change ok, which was good! And then I turned back onto Mountain view ok as well. ther was one pot hole on the street, to which as I tryed to avoid ended up driving right through it! He got me to sgnal left and I put the right signal light on instead. He got me to turn right into the resadence and I turned sucessfully remembering the hand over hand thing he taught me, but started to recover to quickly, and when he told me I paniced and I went to hit the brake, but never i hit the gas, which freaked me right out, he used his brake to stop me! I kept mixing up the brake and gas, so not good! And then he got me to back into the driveway, which with some instruction was able to do succsessfully! He got me to park and pull back the seat, then he said he was going to get me to do one last thing, when I asked him what it was, he looked at me and said breath!! so that was my first experiance driving...on a road...with other cars...comming towards me and in front and behind me! I walked in the house and screamed and then proceeded to tell the girls about my lesson...I then went into shock not knowing what to think or how to feel, I was shaky! I went to church and as soon as worship started I broke down and ended up crying most of the service! Anyway, enough venting...I am off!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

oh man, that is a crazy ass start but i know that it will get better and you WILL be a great driver!!

8:49 PM  
Blogger gray said...

I agree. you'll be just fine.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

thanks guys! Your support and encouragement means alot!

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home