Saturday, February 24, 2007

Success

Oh Man, Today I had my third Driving lesson! I had requested another driver, just to see if it would make a difference. The girls prayed for me before I left, I started to cry, just a little, and Jessie got me to say I will drive with confidence, to which I said it and she was not convinced, so I screamed it and kinda scared the girls a little! Then My instructor showed up, and I just told him point blank how I felt and that I was hoping to go on some back roads and somewhere with not two many intersections. He said we could do that, but in order to do that he had to take me through a few intersections, so I would come out of my comfort zone a little but he would be right there and not leaving me. So he was REALLY assuring! The first thing we discovered is that I was two short, and sense the wheel was as low as it could go, I had to sit on a phone book to prop me up! It really did make a difference though. I managed to successfully back up, a couple of times. And I finally was able to steer. He only had to correct me a couple of times, and it was very gently. He was affirming me the whole time. We chatted, and just connected. I decided he is going to be my main instructor from now on! It was so great. I came in actually feeling excited, I was smiling from ear to ear! My parents could tell it went well because I was so happy when I talked with them. Thanks all of you, for all your prayers, and believing that I drive, even when I did not believe in myself! you can still pray for me and it would mean allot!

6 Comments:

Blogger gray said...

that's awesome susan!

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm really happy that you have found your confidence, so am I allowed to make any short jokes?

2:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

was the driver mark? or someone else?

3:21 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Paul...thanks! And I will let you know about the short jokes, I have not decided yet, but it is really humorus!

Sky...No it was not mark, his name was matt!

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

check it out...I've deleted my old blog and made a new one with a new perspective.

www.desertthirst.blogspot.com

6:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yay for you Susan!!! I'm so proud!!!! I knew you could!

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home